Muffin top. Belly pooch. Love handles. Extra belly fat can be described in many ways, some with less-than-desirable names. Everybody would love to know the secret to reducing belly fat, especially females.
Must Read: https://www.smartallabout.com/rid-of-lower-belly/
It doesn’t matter if you have struggled with losing belly fat since having children, are just starting menopause or have had to deal with extra weight from life (and cupcakes), most people have dealt before.
It’s not enough to do a few sit-ups if you want to lose lower belly fat permanently.
It is impossible to reduce belly fat. You must lose all fat if you want to shed it.
To lose belly fat and tone your muscles, you need to change your diet and increase your exercise. This article will provide you with 9 useful lifestyle and exercise tips for reducing belly fat.
The Guide to Losing Lower Belly Fat
- 150 minutes of cardio per week
- Do HIIT 1-2 times per week
- Do ab-toning exercises
- Create a calorie deficit
- Increase your intake of protein and fiber
- Restrict refined carbs and simple sugars
- Get more water
- Minimize stress levels
- Sleep for 7-9 hours
- Lower belly exercises
1. Receive 150 minutes of heart-pumping cardio per week
We have already said that if you want belly fat to disappear, you must lose weight. To see the muscles beneath, you must shed that “extra layer”. Cardio is an important part of weight loss.
Cardiovascular exercise should be done for at least 2 hours per week according to the CDC. This can include anything from jogging or jumping rope, cycling, and even a spin class. There are many ways to increase your heart rate. You can choose what you enjoy.
2. Get in HIIT at least once per week
High-Intensity Interval training (HIIT), is a great option for anyone who wants to lose fat. HIIT is a faster way to burn fat and calories than other workouts.
This is how it works: You put maximum effort through short, intense bursts followed by short recovery times. HIIT training conditions both your anaerobic and aerobic energy systems. This type of exercise increases your heart rate and helps you lose more calories and fat in a shorter time.
Never Miss: https://www.awarefitness.co.uk/belly-fat-blast/
3. Do ab-toning exercises
As we mentioned, it is impossible to reduce fat in one area of the body. You can, however, tone certain areas with specific exercises.
It is important to first understand the differences between abdominal muscles. You must target all muscles in your stomach to get rid of belly fat. Not just one. Exercises that target the rectus, transverse and obliques are necessary.
Strengthening your transverse abdominus is also a must. This muscle sits low and deep in your belly. You can create a “corset” in your body by strengthening this muscle correctly. It will keep your abs in place and protect your lower back.
4. Create a Calorie Deficit
It is simple: To lose weight you must burn more calories than what you eat. This is known as a “calorie deficit”.
You can cut calories by either reducing your calorie intake or increasing your physical activity.
A calorie deficit of 500 calories per person is enough to lose weight. It won’t affect your appetite or energy.
When creating a calorie deficit, a good tip is to fill half your plate with vegetables and the rest with lean protein (salmon or chicken) as well as healthy carbs (quinoa and rice). This will allow you to control your portion.
5. Increase your intake of protein and fiber
You should eat enough fiber and protein to lose weight, even in your lower abdomen.
Fiber can help you lose weight. Fiber can slow down the absorption of nutrients. This allows you to feel fuller for longer periods of time, which helps you lose weight.
Women need between 21 to 25 grams of fiber daily, while men need between 30 and 38g.
Avocados, fruits, vegetables and whole grains are all good sources of fiber.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. They help feed and repair muscles and other body parts. It is where you get your protein that matters the most.
Also Read: https://www.fitnesschoice.us/exercises-for-beginners/
6. Refined Carbs and Sugars: Limit your intake
You can’t avoid bad eating habits. You may not like to hear this, but it is crucial to reach your weight loss goals.
Sugars in processed foods, sodas, juices, cookies, muffins and candy, as well as added sugars such as those found in sodas, juices, cookies, muffins, cakes, and other sweetened beverages, are the enemy. Natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables, dairy products and other foods are safe. They don’t cause insulin resistance and can be healthy.
Refined carbs are often found in packaged foods such as frozen pizza and food made with white flour, like bagels and pasta. These carbs can be thought of as added sugar.
Refined carbs are more likely to release glucose (sugar), into your bloodstream faster than complex carbs such as quinoa, sweet potatoes and whole grains. This causes blood sugar spikes that can lead to cravings for high-carb foods and hunger.
7. Get More Water
There are many benefits to water, including maintaining a healthy weight and reducing belly bloat.
Consider this: Skeletal muscle is 70% water in a living, mobile body. Water is essential to build healthy muscles.
8. Reduce Stress
Studies have shown that high levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, can lead to increased belly fat retention.
Chronic stress, although not the first step to losing belly fat, can cause people to retain more visceral fat.
Meditation, yoga, and self care can help you manage stress.
9. Get 7-9 hours of sleep
Although you may not consider sleep to be a factor in your weight loss journey (or at least it shouldn’t), research has shown that participants who had been given a poor sleep schedule experienced a 55% reduction in their fat loss, compared with those who were well rested.
Insufficient sleep can cause fat cells to change by affecting insulin use. Your body can store excess insulin, which can lead to weight gain or even diabetes.
1) Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips, knees bent and hands behind your head.
2) Bend to your right and reach your right hand towards the ground behind you leg. Keep spine long.
3) Go back to the center, and then go over to the left.
1) Place your fingers on the bottom of the mat, with your elbows out. Place your soles on the mat, with your knees bent outward.
2) Lift your chest up by tilting your head slightly forward. Relax your neck and arms. Slowly lower your head and continue.
Side Plank Lift and Lower
1) Start by lying on your right side, forearm under shoulder, with legs extended and feet stacked. Place your left hand on the hip and keep your body straight.
2) Lower your hips towards the mat, then lift your hips up using your core muscles and obliques.
Most Popular: https://www.fitness-weekly.com/pounds-in-a-month/
1) Lay down on a mat, arms extended above your head, and legs straight out.
2) Spread your arms out sideways and raise your head, neck, shoulders, and head off the mat. Reach your arms long and lift one leg towards the chest. Reach your arms out in front of your leg. Lower your leg and roll back to the mat. Repeat the process on the opposite side.
Ab Reverse Curl
1) Place your feet on the mat, and raise your legs towards the ceiling.
2) Inhale and tighten your abdominal muscles to push your feet into the air. Your hips will slightly lift off the mat.
- Return your hips to the mat and lower back with control. To create movement, use your abdominals to counter momentum and avoid rolling onto your neck
1) Start in a forearm position, with your body straight and abdominals contracted.
2) Place your left foot to the left, and your right foot to the middle.
3) Place your left foot in the middle; place your right foot in the center.
Bird Dog Crunch
1) Lie on your back on the mat. Reach your arm out and draw in your abs. Then, extend the opposite leg behind you.
2) As you bring your elbow and knee towards your center, round your back. Remember to draw your abs in. Repeat the process on the other side.
Full Body Roll-Up
The first step in losing belly fat is to get rid of it! This 30-minute work out is for you if you are looking to lose belly fat.