There has been an explosion in the number of tree surgeons entering the market over recent years. It is not surprising, as cities such as Sheffield are home to many people with similar interests who are looking for a new job. This field allows people to be outdoors and work with nature. The Sheffield area and the surrounding areas are benefited by an influx of tree surgeons. This keeps the trade viable, as well as helping to maintain the landscape. Are you in search of a tree surgeon? Real Home Improvements employs highly experienced tree surgeons from Burnley. Our arborists are certified and professional. tackle any kind of foliage.
It is important to select a tree surgeon with care. If work isn’t done to a high standard, it could lead to:
- Serious injury
- Life at risk
- Property damage
- Trees damaged
It is not easy to find a reputable company offering this service. They may not be experienced enough. It is the responsibility of the home owner to hire a skilled worker to do the work. How do you find the best tree surgeon? These are our top tips.
How to find the best tree surgeon
Website: The website should reflect their skills and experience. It should clearly explain their services and offer what they have to offer. It should also be updated regularly. It should include real photos of the team at work and some information about them. Websites that appear generic or like a template should be avoided. These websites can be easy to make and could be used by scammers.
Reviews: These are critical. Excellent reviews on the internet are a sign of a trustworthy organisation. These reviews could be found on Google, social media, or forums like Trust Pilot. Silver Oak, for example, has more than 50 reviews on Google. You should also ensure that you verify the reviews to confirm their authenticity.
Questions for a Tree Surgeon
- Are you covered?They must have both public liability and indemnity coverage
- Which qualifications do you have?They must have NPTC/LANTRA qualifications for aerial rescue and chainsaw use. They should also be able to obtain National Diplomas in Arboriculture. These diplomas will ensure that the student is well-versed in both chainsaw and arboriculture.
- Do you offer a written quotation?Before you allow work to begin, it is important that you have a written quote. Every tree surgeon will give you a rough estimate of the cost of your work.
- What happens to the waste?
- Are stumps to be removed?
- Who will grant permission to work on trees?
- What are the measures taken to protect the property’s value?